Additional required documents for minors (under 18):
• Application form. The application form must be signed by both parents.
• Birth certificate. A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
• Parents' passport copies. A copy of the information pages of both parents' signed passports.
When applying for a child with Chinese parents, the applicant must also provide proof of parents' status in the United Arab Emirates.
Additional requirements for applicants born in China, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwan
• Chinese name. The applicant's name written in Chinese characters.
• Proof of name change. If the applicant's name has changed since birth, please provide a copy of the court order or marriage certificate showing the name change.
• Previous visa. Copy of a previously issued Chinese visa or copy of the information page from your Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau, or Taiwanese passport. Note: If your old passport has not been canceled, you will be required to submit the original passport with your application.